I’m Joppe Rhebergen and I’m currently working and living in Berlin. As a software developer I create mobile/web applications and this is a summary of my work over the past few years.
Current | Sociomantic Labs GmbH: Web developer, Berlin Germany
Building web apps with Backbone & React.
October 2014 – December 2015 | ParkU: front end developer, Berlin Germany
As a front end developer I was responsible for building and maintaining an AngularJS application from the ground up. This application simplified the booking process and increased the number of sign-ups and bookings. My most important responsibilities where:
- building and maintaining the AngularJS/LESS front end.
- creating a build and deployment process with Grunt.
- developing parts of the system’s back end (Symfony2) and database (SQL).
- building a demo-setup with Arduino to demonstrate the workings of the company’s IoT device.
- building WordPress plugins.
- cooperating with the Product, Marketing and QA department to validate and test new features.
- taking part in the CI process and code review sessions with Jenkins CI and GitHub.
May 2012 – October 2014 | Joppe Rhebergen Apps & Internetconcepten: freelance developer
I worked on projects for multiple clients. My services ranged from WordPress-websites to custom software solutions. In all these projects I was responsible for acquiring, advising, building and testing.
Designed and built custom software solutions and gained experience in:
- applying various libraries: Bootstrap, jQuery and AngularJS.
- developing back end using C#, PHP, Java and My/MSSQL.
- testing front end and back end with usability testing and unit tests.
- managing projects using agile development and version control using GIT.
September 2009 – May 2012 |Music Maker Media Group: web developer, Arnhem The Netherlands
Music Maker Media Group is an independent publisher of several music related magazines and websites. I was responsible for turning ideas into applications.
I was responsible for:
- building custom websites to support marketing campaigns.
- designing and building websites using WordPress, OpenCart and Joomla.
- maintaining the company’s Linux server.
August 2011 – January 2012 | Info Support: graduation project, Veenendaal The Netherlands
As part of my thesis, I built a Windows Phone 7.5 application. The assignment was to create a mobile solution to monitor and manage Microsoft Azure cloud deployments. In this graduation project I proved that I’m capable of designing, building, testing and managing a software project.
November 2008 – August 2010 | BesteProduct.nl: front end developer, Arnhem The Netherlands
- Knowledge of electronic parts, soldering and schematics.
- Experience with Arduino and Raspberry PI.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Linux and OSX.
- Knows how to use Photoshop.
- Dutch: native language (speaking, reading and writing)
- English: fluent (speaking, reading and writing)
- German: basic knowledge (speaking, reading and writing)